This week has been full of poo. Poor Zoey is teething and there are some serious diapers happening for her. It’s not great. But everyone expects babies to have poo issues. No one expects what happened to Nick.
The light bulb in his office only turns on if he screws the light bulb in and it only turns off if he unscrews it. This does not say great things about the electrical work in our finished basement. He decided to pop one of the suspended ceiling tiles up to follow a wire back to its source. Please note that Nick is fully qualified to do home electrical repair. Do not do this at home, unless you too are fully qualified to do home electrical repair. As he lifted the nasty old suspended tile, and tilted it to the side so he could see the wiring he felt a shower of…something…rain down upon him.
He felt a deep sense of foreboding as he realized what was now covering him. A lethal mix of mouse poo and mouse poison, obviously left over from some long ago infestation, was now coating Nick’s skin and littering the floor.
Like all of our housing projects, something that should have been simple quickly spiraled out of control. Realizing that there was more where that came from, Nick quickly tore down the rest of the ceiling. Rat poison pellets and mouse poo rained down upon him in terrifying amounts. His basic wiring project has become more complicated because many of the wires had been chewed.
It took some serious clean up, and he had to throw away a lot of stuff, but at least the gross suspended ceiling is gone.
And finally, Nick appreciates it when I tell him it’s been a poo filled day.